Module 5: Argumentative
1. What is an argumentative essay?
a. An essay that defines an abstract or ambiguous requires specific components and refines thinking.
What is the job of a writer of an argumentative essay? How can a writer achieve this purpose? a. The writer purpose is to persuade the reader of an opinion about something.
3. Explain what are modals and their function in an argumentative writing. Give an example. a. The modals help the writer opinion sound stronger and weak modals make opposing view sound weaker. May, can, could, should, had better, ought to. 4. Which error should the writer avoid in an argumentative essay? a. The use of logic not based on facts is something that the reader should avoid.
Did you wear a uniform when you went to school?
Opinion about children being too interested in wearing brand new clothes and shoes. a.
When I was a child I always waited for the first day of class just to wear the bran new uniform. However, not every student shows up the first day of class. 3. The topic of this essay is school uniforms. What is the hook in nthe first paragraph? a. Should public schools students be allowed to make their individual decisions about clothing or should all students be require wearing uniform?
4. What is the thesis statement?
School uniforms are better decision for three reasons.
What is the thesis statement?
Even though we know that “honesty is the best policy” why do we lie in our everyday lives? The fact is that we lie for many reasons.
6. Three reason for requiring school uniforms, paragraphs 2, 3, 4. a. School uniforms would help student’s lives simpler. b. School uniforms influence students responsibly in groups as individual. c. School uniforms would make all the students feel equally.
7. Which paragraph presents a counter argument? What is a counter argument? a. Paragraph 5. A counterargument is...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document