1. __________restructured the government by dividing the empire into two separate areas.
2. A major problem facing this Roman emperor was _____________________________.
3. During whose reign was the Edict of Milan issued? _______________________.
4. The Edict of Milan issued in 313 did what?_________________________________.
5. The earliest emperor to convert to Christianity was_________________________.
6. Why did Christianity appeal to so many?________________________________.
7. What is the name of the last pagan triumphal arch?___________________________.
8. Christians adopted which Roman building type for their churches?_________________.
9. The shape of the floor plan of many early Christian churches was the ______________.
10. Why was a baptistery built as a separate structure from the church? ______________________________________________________________________
11. What generalization can be made about surviving sculpture from the Late Roman Empire?___________________________________________________
12. Byzantine civilization was characterized by_____________________________
13. During its thousand year history, the heartland of Byzantium remained:_______________________________
14. The most magnificent church built in the Byzantine world was_____________________.
15. What was the purpose of illuminated manuscripts?________________________
16. By the end of the Early Medieval period, the West could be characterized as _________________________________________________________________.
1. The word Islam is Arabic for ______________
2. A Muslim is __________________.
3. T/F The Hegira (hijra) occurred in 622 and marked the transformation of Muhammad from religious reformer to leader of a new religion.
4. Define caliph.______________________.
5. How are Shi’ites and Sunni distinguished from one another?...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document